· Formulating effective and tax-efficient cross-border strategies for both inbound and overseas investments.
· Capitalizing on planning opportunities presented by local tax law as well as treaty network.
· Structuring acquisitions, divestitures and corporate reorganizations for tax optimization.
· Staying abreast of new developments within the international arena that affect clients’ businesses, both globally and locally.
· Advance rulings to lend an element of certainty to non-resident investors in their proposed transactions in Pakistan.
Consulting and advisory
- Analyzing the tax impact of transactions holistically having regard to direct tax, indirect tax, regulatory and transfer pricing implications.
- Providing opinions on transactions from a domestic law and tax treaty viewpoint.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and addressing potential problem areas in the course of undertaking day to day business activities.
- Conceptualization of the proposed structure in the light of business objectives.
- Structuring the reorganization – merger, spin off, acquisition or capital arrangement – from a tax and regulatory perspective.
- Implementation support to put the structure in place having regard to tax efficiencies, regulatory procedures and intended timeframes.